Work has been going well overall.
While my lessons are never perfect, I feel that I’m always challenged to improve them. Although I’ve been struggling a bit, I’m learning a lot more about classroom management. Today, I started using this chart that my friend made; I put the names of all the Secondary 1 students and used it as a warning system. It worked well and got a few students back on focus after I gave them a verbal warning.
The first term is wrapping up at the end of next week and report cards will be due mid-November. However, I’ve been getting lazy the past few weeks. The Secondary 3 students really liked the tea bag rockets and seeing that paper doesn’t always burn when brought to a flame, but I need to come up with some new hooks.
Maybe I should order a few grams of lithium and sodium to burn …