Don’t get me wrong, I love blogging, writing and sharing.
If you haven’t noticed, I do often share the same material on multiple platforms. Part of the reason I do this is that
- I like to keep separate audiences – Facebook is for connecting with coworkers, while my blog for family and friends, etc.)
- Some platforms are more for long-term storage – I keep my higher-quality videos on Vimeo, rather than a maximum of 15-second, low-quality footage on Instagram
- Flooding people with information actually prevents them from looking for information elsewhere – I prefer that work acquaintances or those I’m not friends with do not read my blog. And chances are, if you’re reading this sentence, you’re already my friend, so don’t sweat!
Which brings me to the point that I’m wasting a lot of time posting on cross platforms. I need more time to refine my lessons, labs and general organization of my work. I need to listen to the news rather than double-tap on yoga videos on the my phone. I need to be doing more exercise than making videos about it.
Therefore, I’m going to try to, for the month of November:
- Continue to document progress, but less frequently, on Instagram
- Focus more on documenting workouts and time of workouts on CodyApp
- Doing more CodyApp workouts
- Filming less and uploading fewer videos on Vimeo
If you’re curious, you’re still welcome to follow me on Instagram or CodyApp. I just won’t be cross-posting for everyone.