Since I’ve been running around, getting a fever on my last day in India, and trying to cram in as much time with friends and family, I haven’t been in the mood to blog. But now I feel like I’ve managed to find a few minutes while waiting for my flight to Montreal:
- Actively use strategies to decrease and deal with stress (5/5): I’ve learned to just take long baths after work. I also sometimes use strategies from The Charisma Myth, use aromatherapy, meditate or just go to my yoga mat.
- Floss (2/5): I still suck at this. Majorly.
- Donate blood (0/5): Wanted to do this but totally forgot about it during the summer.
- Consistent workouts (5/5): Getting into cross-country skiing on a regular basis and have the goal of being able to sprint without getting out of breath too easily. Doing yoga a LOT now with CodyApp (paid workouts)! Need more cardio though.
- Make a few trades on with TD Webbroker (2/5): I finally transferred this year’s TSFAs to QuestTrade and have purchased a few stocks. Not doing any day-trading, just testing the waters for now. Didn’t know oil was gonna fall. Kinda wish I bought some Timmie’s!
- Make 2 Pins on Pinterest a month (1/5): I should be actively using strategies that would inspire other teachers. I ended up just sharing on Facebook instead, or directly with colleagues. I should go back to this as the idea would be a space that I could use no and refer to no matter where I worked. Facebook doesn’t work so much as a portfolio, but more as a means of connecting with local teachers with my current board.
- Learning languages (3/5): Last year, I completed 24 language units, including 15 units of Mandarin. This year, my goal was to complete another 30 units, with a focus mainly on continuing Mandarin and Turkish. Only got to 18 of 30, including 4 units of Hindi, which I slacked off on and kinda gave up.
- Read 15 books (5/5): Oh yeah!
- Clean out Chemical Preparation Room (3/5): Threw out a lot of junk in the science lab, replaced the cardboard boxes with plastic bins, some cleaning supplies for the main lab, an emergency sign on the chemistry cabinet (no info filled out)
- Write a will (0/5): Yeah yeah yeah, I’ve been slacking on this. SUMMER 2015. REALLY.