If you haven’t figured this out, I consider myself a strong-minded feminist. I also feel that everyone around me is a feminist but haven’t figured that out yet. As long as you believe that women should drive cars – I’m shaking my head at you, Saudi Arabia – and that we deserve far wages, you’re a feminist too.
Here’s a collection of great articles to from the past week. They cover a series of ideas from privilege to gender equality:
- Explaining White Privilege to a Broke White Person via Huffington Post
- Why Women Apologize and Should Stop via The New York Times
- Amy Schumer apologizes in “I’m Sorry” (video)
- Watch white people cry about white privilege in a new MTV documentary “White People” via Salon.com
- I, Racist via John Metta. Hands down probably the best thing I’ve read all week.
- J.K. Rowling shuts down a Serena Williams hater with one perfect tweet after her Wimbleton win via Entertainment Weekly