Enjoyed a lovely week at DisneyWorld in Florida! Flew back in late Saturday night and since I’m only in Toronto for three and a half days, I had to start crossing a few things off the shopping list.
I made a trip out to XTC Fitness, with a few family members in tow, and picked up a few items:
- Barbell foam pad ($17): There’s a communal one at the gym up north, but I really don’t want weird zits on my neck from communal dirt and sweat!
- Velcro belt ($30): I don’t buy leather products and Harbinger was recommended to me as a good starter brand.
- Bumper plates ($80): K. and I had been talking about this for a long time. We don’t have bumper plates up north, so we’ve had to set our barbell up on a variety of weird things. Bumper plates consistently have the same diameter, so when you’re bending over, it is the same distance, no matter which weight you’re using. I bought 2 sets of 10 lbs and 25 lbs. The 25 lbs will be great for our deadlifts, which are now around the 100 lbs mark and the 10 lbs will be a nice way for me to start on front squats and/or cleaning.
A few things I still really need to get:
- Lifting shoes: I’m still shopping around. I’ve tried on Reebok Lifter 2.0 and know the size 6.5 feels awesome, but I’m not willing to pay full price. Ugh. I was sad that I didn’t make it to an outlet store in Orlando.
- Wrist wraps: To help with bench press, which is a major struggle for me.