- Start Strength Builder I plan (3/5): Purchased the entire Krissy Cagney bundle last year. I did start this plan and the goal was to do each workout once before May, but I only did 3 of the 4. We got super lazy close to the Goose Break holidays and I bailed on the deadlifts. I know, I know … that’s my favourite workout too!
- Return to barre work (1/5): Without any structure, I don’t do enough glute and hamstring work. Need this to fix the knocked knees. Going back to Barre Sculpt I on Cody app. Only did one of the workouts twice. Transferring the goal to May.
- Have regular “Money Date” with J (3/5): This was an idea from my February monthly goals. Revisiting this as I’m trying to get J. to become habituated to sitting down and discussing plans. Mostly, it was travel planning, but it has been going well. We missed a night when he was very sick with the flu.
- Start retirement planning (3/5): In March, my goal was to order some finance books. I picked a couple that were recommended on MoneySense Magazine. Bought Bruce Sellery’s The Moolala Guide to Rockin’ Your RRSP and finished the entire book a couple of weeks ago. Subsequently, I started looking into other investment vehicles for my RRSPs because the RRSP savings account I had only had 0.8% interest rate. Working on equities in the upcoming months.
Professional Development / Job Hunting
- Two blog posts on teaching blog (5/5): Made two posts.
- Study Mandarin (4/5): Completed phase 2, unit 2. Onwards to unit 3!
- Set up reference letters (3/5): I have one reference letter so far from a principal that no longer works at our school board. I did have a meeting and confirmed that my principal and VP will be able to write letters for me in the fall. This goal will be for September. It seems a bit weird, but once I have made a written agreement to stay for the next school year, the administration is not allowed to write reference letters for us until the year ends.
- Learn how to make a QR code (0/5): Saw this idea mentioned in the OCT magazine, but totally forgot about it. Wasn’t feeling motivated the past month as my vacation was getting close. This is normal. Not going to guilt myself over this at all.