Health and Fitness
- Work on Pilates (3/5): I have never really done Pilates before, and wanted to try it out to get a better sense of my bandhas for yoga and handstanding. Didn’t get as far as I had liked. Only managed to do 7 of the Pilates classes on Cody; there was a week where I was out of town supervising the Grade 11s on their trip and just had NO TIME to myself.
- Commute to work walking (0.5/5): What a big fat fail. This happened maybe two times …
- Get a joint account on Tangerine (5/5): We finally did it! Woohoo!! Still waiting for J. to put his money in … argh.
- Apply for a Tangerine cash-back credit card (5/5): Yup, already using it for groceries and making use of the 4% cash-back bonus until February. I like how it even tells you how much cash-back you’re getting!
- Explore Questrade options (5/5): I had initially wanted to close the account but ended up setting up a directed account instead. I still have some individual stocks, and will need to consider if I should continue to keep them or not. I also ended up opening a Wealth Simple account after listening to a financial podcast that a friend, S., had recommended.
- Start #edtech AQ (3/5): Argh, D2L doesn’t work at school! I was also away on the Orientation Trip with the Grade 11s for a week, but did submit all my assignments for the first deadline, after a 2-day extension was approved. Will need to put in more efficient work next month.
- Revisit growth mindset with students (0/5): Too many interruptions. This just didn’t happen.
- Get reference letters (1/5): Unfortunately, I have to chase the vice-principal, who recently transferred to another community. He took my copies and didn’t sign them, even though I hassled him a couple of times. GRRRRR
- Update my CV with professional development (0/5): A hosted a webinar through OAME and ran an elementary workshop this month at school. I haven’t done this yet. Bad me.
- Submit application to speak at OAME conference (5/5): I was surprised that this only took 10 minutes. The form was quite short.
- Use more Twitter (4/5): Twitter isn’t my favourite tech tool. I’ve hated it for a long time and only in the past year have slowly been warming up to it. I want to use it more than I use more for professional development, but sort of just became obsessed with politics during the American election. It was a bit depressing, I must say, but it’s also allowed me to have some interesting interactions.* Also, I just want to spend more time reading news and productive ideas on Twitter and am trying to spend less time on Facebook.
- Finish and finalize travel plans (5/5): Thank goodness this is more or less settled. Now I can start looking at restaurants and places to eat!
*I told Gail Vaz-Oxlade I’d like to meet her at the annual math conference next year and she said sure!