Currently on my two-week holiday. In our school board, we do not have a March Break; instead, we have a much later holiday known as Goose Hunting Break. This makes everyone go crazy because the January-April period is just sooooo darn long.
Everyone goes out “into the bush” to shoot Canadian geese as they fly back towards their summer nesting grounds. The whole town shuts down and all the non-native teachers go back down south.
So far on my holidays, I’ve done a few things:
- Signed a offer letter from my new job
- Watched Logan
- Ate Indian food with my sister and her husband
- Started setting up a second roboadvisor for my RRSPs
- Got my provincial tax return of $2,857.15
- Had my cousin come over for dinner
- Purchased the physical therapy bundle on Cody
- Got my teeth cleaned at the dentist
- Attended a YTT info session at Queen Street Yoga
- Went to see an allergist
- Cooked dinner with Gramma
- Ate a vegan tamale
I still have a bit more than a week left and there’s still lots to do! Happy to have this paid holiday!