Excited that I will be attending the annual Ontario Association for Mathematics Education (OAME) conference in Kingston, Ontario in May. Apparently, registration has been filling up fast. I got a reminder email to sign up for workshops, so these were my choices.
The first one in the list is actually mine! I’ll be running my workshop Thursday, May 11th as one of the very first sessions. This means that the groups will likely be small – Saturday mornings tend to be the most populated – but I’m happy that it’s in the beginning, I get it over with, so I don’t have to stress out about it for two days and struggle to enjoy the conference itself!
I haven’t done any planning at this point – no surprise – but I had made rough notes after doing a webinar on NOMA. This will be the basis for my presentation. So I’ve got the skeleton, but I just haven’t fleshed it out yet.
Some other chores that are keeping me busy :
- Starting new units on trigonometry in both Grade 10 and 11
- Trying to get transcripts of my online course so I can expense it to the school board
- Getting marking done for the end of term 2, which is on Thursday
- School board applications – two more deadlines this coming week
- Getting another reference letter from an administrator
It’s been rather busy since coming back from the holidays and although it’s slowed down a bit with the completion of my online course, other things just pile up!
I’ll feel much better after then end of this coming week!